Sunday, October 14, 2007

Canucks 4 Oilers 1

Wow... you know it's a special day when we get the prediction right. And if you don't believe me, here's the link to yesterday's pregame show . Oh yeah and our apologies for not posting it, I forgot to get it on here in the excitement of making my debut on Nucks Talk Radio yesterday. Myself, and co-host Flinch will be handling the Saturday show every week, and I gotta tell ya, it feels pretty good to be back on live. Anyways, enough about me. Another fine team effort last night, this time it was all about the leaders on this team sending a message. This team can play defense, but we can also put the puck in the net (outscoring the Oilers 9-3 this weekend). Top to bottom it was a great game, shame to see Cowan go down with an injury like that, but it does insure Rypien stays up longer. The line of Markus Naslund, Brendan Morrison and Ryan Kesler were the real catalyst in this game. They got things rolling, and put pressure on the Oilers from the start, and really looked dangerous the entire game. As far as the Sedins, I am so glad this game was on HNIC, because the entire country got to see what was probably one of the greatest single shifts I have ever witnessed. And thanks to youtube, so can you (hat tip to gt261)


Roberto Luongo was solid, and although it sucked he didn't get the shutout, I don't think anyone can truly be unhappy with the win. Postgame show and Canucks and Sharks pregame show later today, as well as the Sunday Blog Roundup.

No comments: