Monday, March 3, 2008

Didn't we already hit rock bottom?

Having had a chance to finally look at the game (I didn't watch it live) I am very, very dismayed at the poor performance shown by this team. They were out of it from the get-go, and showed absolutely no interest in getting back into this game. I am finding it really hard to keep from reaching for that panic button and thus, making myself into another of the 98% of the CDC users right now. The problem is, everything that most of the posters you think are bandwagoners seem to be happening. The Sedins do look soft. Markus doesn't seem to have any heart. Bieksa does seem to be overrated. This team doesn't look like it can compete. They had an awful October, but their play over the last 2 1/2 games has been worse than anything I have seen (save for the game against the Flyers). There is a chance for redemption Tuesday against the Avs, but this team must treat every remaining game like it's the one that gets them into the playoffs. For me, there is no such thing as a bandwagon. I bleed blue & green. But being a fan sometimes means you have to accept things you don't want to happen. New podcast up tomorrow.

No comments: