Sunday, December 2, 2007

Minnesota 2 Vancouver 1

Well, it had to end sometime. No, I'm not talking about the shutout streak. I am referring to the strong effort we have seen from the Canucks over the last month. It simply wasn't there for most of the night, and when it did show up, it was with not nearly enough time left on the clock for it to matter. Though some will look at this game as a failure, Roberto Luongo was still very good tonight. We were due for an off night, and though this wasn't the prime night for it (is there ever?) it is out of our system, and we can focus on a tough back to back against Chicago and Nashville this week. It's a tough sled the next couple weeks, with a number of road games and just Saturday's game against the Penguins at home. Congrats should go to Mike Brown, for a great 1st goal in his NHL career. If I sound like I am not too disappointed, I'm not. This team has given us a lot to cheer about recently, and as frustrating as it was, things are still looking good in Canucksville. What did you expect from someone as 'biased' as I am.

No comments: