Saturday, December 15, 2007

If I could have just one wish...

(With sincerest apologies to Steve Martin)

If I could have just one wish, it would be that this would be the year the Vancouver Canucks finally raise the Stanley Cup.

If I could have just 2 wishes, the first would be the Canucks winning the Stanley Cup, and the 2nd would be that all hockey announcers would stop saying "Boy, I bet he'd like that one back" after a goalie lets in a soft one, because it drives Laurie crazy.

If I could have just three wishes, the first is the Canucks and the Cup, the 2nd is banning 'Boy I bet he'd like that one back' forever, and the third would be for the Calgary Flames to have to deal with the kind of injuries we have had this year.

If I could have just 4 wishes, the first is the Cup, 2nd is no more blatantly obvious statements, third is a rash of injuries for the Flames, and the 4th wish would be for the Flyers to get a taste of their own medicine.

If I could ... hmm.

You know what? I think I will stick with 1 wish. Ok, two. But that's it.

No comments: